Fixed term contract for 24 months.
Hours & pay : 0.4 post, £8,324 per annum, (£20,820 pro rata)
ESP (Extra Special People) is Eastside Projects’ Associate scheme. Through it we support the development of work, ideas, connections and careers for our membership of over one hundred artists, curators, art-writers and others. Further information on the past and current programme can be found at www.extraspecialpeople.org
As ESP Programmer you will work with the Eastside Projects Directors, supported by the ESP programming group, to initiate and produce content - events, projects and opportunities - for and with ESP members. This is an exciting opportunity to shape the programme, contribute to strategic development and play a key role in the production of new networks, connections, ideas and directions for ESP.
You must be adaptable, flexible, creative, dependable and hardworking. Sometimes this job will involve working unsociable hours and weekends. As working patterns vary depending on activity you will ideally be based in, or prepared to move to, Birmingham or the West Midlands. The post will begin the week of 20 August 2012.
Eastside Projects is an exhibition space with many differences. It is a free public space that is being imagined and organized by artists and designers. As such we encourage all our employees to have an active creative or critical practice. For more information about Eastside Projects see http://www.eastsideprojects.org
Amongst other things as ESP Programmer you will:
- Plan, develop, manage and deliver the ESP programme.
- Initiate, develop and facilitate programming which focusses on critical discourse around contemporary art practices. For example public talks, discussions, seminars, studio visits & crits.
- Initiate, develop and facilitate workshops and other programming which focus on professional development (in the widest sense) for members.
- Initiate and develop new networks and partnerships for ESP in the city, region, the UK and overseas.
- Initiate, develop and facilitate exhibitions, residencies, publications and other projects and opportunities for, and with, ESP members.
For the full job description and personal specification please email Ruth Claxton firstname.lastname@example.org Please write 'ESP Programmer' in the subject line
Add a Comment