This autumn (17th - 23rd September), ]performance s p a c e [ is offering 16 artists the opportunity to participate in a workshop led by Alastair MacLennan.
The performance workshop will engage both individual and group performances over several days, involving private/public, social/cultural considerations, using the whole group of participants as a teaching/learning unit, offering feedback and advice, as appropriate.
Focus will reside in developing and activating concentration, intention, insight, innovation, flexibility, adaptability and...'being in the moment'.
References will be from Life and Art, negotiating actuality in the 'here and now', emphasizing conditions of fusion---interfusion---diffusion, embracing 'both/and' thinking, (not 'either/or' dualism).
This would involve simultaneous solo performances and an 'in the moment', open, group performance, in a pre-selected public space.
We require each participant to commit to every full day of the workshop.
We want each participant to present work, finally, for PUBLIC PRESENTATION.
What’s included in the workshop costs:
· Shared studio space (2,300 sq ft) - 24hr access
· Access to the ]ps[ performance/time based media library
· Access to documenting and lighting tech
· Basic accomodation @ ]performance s p a c e [ & 3 meals a day
· A public platform at the end of the workshop
· Online representation via the ]ps[ website
· Alastair MacLennan!
Each successful applicant will be asked to pay £150.00 to cover the costs of running the project. This may be negotiable on an individual basis, depending on peoples circumstances.
To Be Considered:
Please send the below items to: email@example.com quoting: WK/SHOP MacLennan in the email subject line.
· 5 images OR 2 videos of recent work + a web-link
· A short statement about your work (250 words max)
· A paragraph stating why you would like to undertake the workshop (250 words max)
Deadline for residency submissions: August 1st 2012 - 12 midday.
N.B: For further information or if you have any questions regarding the workshop, please contact:
Bean via: firstname.lastname@example.org - or - give us a call on 02035382474
Add a Comment